The SMS/MMS by email feature allows a user to receive and send SMS/MMS messages via email. To do this, make sure you have previously activated and configured the SMS/MMS by email feature in the Croo Portal. The Croo Portal - Configure SMS/MMS via email option article will guide you through the process of configuring this option.
Send an SMS/MMS by email
To send a SMS/MMS message via email, follow the steps below. It is important to note that, in order to send SMS/MMS messages by email, you must use the email address corresponding to your user profile in the Croo Portal to send the message, and that your user account in the Croo Portal must be linked to a phone number in the SMS/MMS Configurations section of the Croo Portal
- Create a new email message using the email account associated to your Croo Portal user profile;
- The recipient's email address must be one of the numbers you are bound to in the SMS Configuration section of the Croo Portal, and must respect the following format <country code><phone number>@sms.croo.io. If this format is not respected, the message will not be sent.
- Eg. If the country code is 1 and the phone number is (514) 555-1234, then the recipient's email address will email@example.com, without any dashes, spaces, or brackets.
- The subject of the email must be the phone number of the person you want to send an SMS/MMS message to, and must respect the following format: <country code><phone number>. If this format is not respected, the message will not be sent.
- Eg. If the country code is 1 and the phone number is (514) 666-5678, then the subject will be 15146665678, within any dashes, spaces, or brackets.
- The body of the message contains the text you wish to send;
- Optionally, thanks to the MMS feature, you can add images to your email. The images can be directly added to the body of the message or as an attachment to the email. Only the .png and .jpg/.jpeg formats are supported;
- It is recommended that you remove the signature from your email before sending your message, since it will be sent along your text. It can cause problems with message transmission.
Receive an SMS/MMS by email
- All users linked to a phone number in the SMS Configuration section of the Croo Portal will receive the message by email.
- You can simply use the reply option of your email client to send a reply to the recipient and continue the conversation.